I've done it. Myriah and Leisa should be proud. No more of this "why don't you have an awesome blog like mine so you can be as totally awesome as I am?" business. Now I do. Yay! I mean, awesome!
As you can see, it's called "Kylie and Mike." I tried to call it "Mike and Kylie" but that was taken. Side note: we'll just forgive Mike for never putting any posts up. Maybe one day I'll get him to put a post up...like if I'm suddenly unable to do so at a time when a post ought to be posted! He's great so he would definitely step up to the plate. End of side note.
Two days ago I listened to a lesson on goal setting given by a friend of mine. She said, "Don't tell people your most important goals. Keep personal goals personal so you only have yourself to answer to." You can always brag later and show someone the goal you wrote down anyway, right? And who doesn't love to brag after the fact? Suddenly you can say, "I lost 20 pounds!" or "Look at me, I'm completely rich!" and they will be shocked because they didn't know you had that goal to begin with! I just love that shock factor.
So anyhoo, I have decided to share one of my goals with all of you despite that two-day-old advice. This is appropriate seeing as it is directly related to this blog. Okay, goal = blog at least 2 (two) times per week. Phew, I said it. And I wrote it out to clarify that 2 = two. You can't really read any further into it that way. You know, like...you can't think that maybe I simply mistyped a 2 when I meant to type a 4. Nope. It's 2 (two) per week.
I realize 2 posts per week isn't much (especially considering the fact that I post 5 posts per DAY for the company I write for), but to be perfectly honest all I do these days is 1) blog (for other people, and now for myself); 2) clean and organize the house to get it ready to sell. Not exactly big stories there!
Luckily for you, I will kick this blog off with several posts before only expecting of myself 2 posts per week. And once we move, I'm sure I'll have more to blog about! Maybe I'll bump it up to 3 posts! Not yet...
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Done!
Posted by Kylie at 9:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
First off, i don't think you should even joke around with blogging three times a week. That is just crazy talk.
And second, i went to a seminar once (where i wanted to kill myself. I wasn't there because i had attempted to kill myself, once i was there i wanted to kill myself) and the guy kept telling us that we should tell people our goals so they can remind us about them. Well, that is nice in theory, but how do you turn that off? What if my goal was "get married," and i've been working really hard on this goal, but it brings me down sometimes. So, how do you get people to stop asking you about your goal? It is inevitable that a discussion about you failing to reach your goal will ensue, and end up making you feel crappy.
So i say, keep most goals secret, you'll be happier that way.
Sure, I see how it is. Start a Blog and totally make it look way awesome in like an hour and win the contest. Whatever...you are such a poser. :)
Kidding, I love the Blog! You really should start a business yourself Kykers. I will help you...we can blog for people and set up their blogs and everything although, you would have to be the president...because I am still trying to figure a lot of it out. I will be VP.
Leisa
You're right, Myr. You really should keep goals personal when they will inevitably require of people to hound you about your failures. *Sigh*
Don't worry, I knew what you meant when you were at a seminar where you wanted to kill yourself. I think most seminars have that effect on most people.
Leisa...I'm always trying to show you up. When will you learn? I must win this race!
I think we should stick with our books. I'm thinking professional blogging will be out of the picture sooner than later. Fun blogging like this, however, is here to stay!
Post a Comment