Today I'm missing Little Morgan.
Little Morgan, between the ages of 4 and 10, would wave and say, "Hi!" every time you walked past her, no matter how long it had been since the previous, "Hi!" I would get so mad at her, with all her waving and happy greetings. I was a very stressed child, okay. I was busy; it was disruptive. Also, I may have been a touch impatient.
I tried attacking her with hi's one day, to give her a taste of her own medicine, but it just backfired and we were both saying hi to each other until it ended in the usual Little Me screaming at Little Morgan to shut up and stop waving. She was so cute and friendly and fun, and such a goofy little sister. She still is! But I'm especially missing Little her today.
Harper is aspiring to be Little Morgan. All day she has been saying, "Hi!" to Sky. It went well for the first 30 or so hi's. Then Sky started saying, "I've heard enough hi's, Harper. That's enough." Soon her reply moved into, "Stop saying hi! STOP IT! I've heard ENOUGH HI'S TODAY, HARPER!" Of course, Harper's reply to this was a bright and happy, "Hi!"
We ate lunch before a brawl could break out and now Sky's back to her patient self, accepting the hi's with sisterly love. These kids are the best!
Monday, February 11, 2013
Missing Little Morgan
Posted by Kylie at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment