Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Meet Delilah

After the two tiny chicks died, we were feeling down. Both of Sky's favorite chicks were gone, and Mike and I felt awful about it. We decided to buy some older chicks so the chance of losing one would be slimmer. Please be fighters! And please don't be roosters!

We accidentally stopped at a different feed shop on our way out and Sky fell in love with a little Speckled Sussex chick, only three or four days old. Meet Delilah:


Are you surprised that Delilah fell in love with Sky as well? We're not! Look, even her jammies say "Sweet!"

Delilah is adorable. She is cuddly and sweet and inquisitive. I was nervous to buy another tiny chick (we were on the hunt for older chicks, after all), but she has been great since we brought her home on Saturday. Tomorrow, Sky and I are taking some up-close pictures of the chicks, but this picture is too cute to resist posting!

0 comments: