That is my question today.
Also, as a follow-up question: what is an acceptable temperature to set your AC to? Because 80 isn't agreeing with me. 80 makes me mean.
Should I try to 76? That's my plan until someone gives me a cited professional answer.

8 comments:
Cited professional answer - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_using_ceiling_fans_and_the_air_conditioner_at_the_same_time_cost_efficient_or_a_waste_of_energy.
We run fans (ceiling and floor) and have the AC set to 78 downstairs and b/w 74 and 76 upstairs. 76 at night. Our power bill is still expensive, but I don't like picking my kids up at their cribs and having sweat dripping off them. Fans help.
I should probably mention that the mexican in me never really allows for me to get too hot.
Haha! Well I have a major lack of Mexican in me. I'm like a walking furnace, and it doesn't help to have another one attached to my hip all day!
Thanks for the link--you are so professional.
We like our place really cold! I think that our thermostat is set at 70. Our place is very comfortable especially because it is in the mid 100's here in San Antonio :( By the way, I got your message...I will call you back one of these days when I get my act together!
74 has been routine here. Its cool enough that we aren't sweating up on the 3rd floor. We actually tried turning the AC off and running fans and keeping windows open, but that lasted 2 days and I was dying!
80 degrees? What the????!
We usually keep our thermo at 75, windows closed, blinds down, the whole cave effect. Very efficient.
We get blinded when we go outside, but whatev.
Sometimes, if I'm at home alone, I will have moments where I need more AC so I blast it for a couple minutes, and then set it to it's appropriate position at 75.
Mine is at 75. If I turn it down to 74 I get cold. But by the middle of July and August, it's down to 72. My house gets the sun BEAT down on the back where we are all day. It gets hot...so to save on my energy bill....I go sit at Brittany's and use her AC. HAHAHA
Our house is cold at night.. it's true. The way my house faces it doesn't get too hot during the day. I usually turn the air on if it gets higher than 75 in the day. At night it's colder so I sleep better.
Post a Comment