Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Boston Trip: Graduation (Day 1)

Day 1 of our Boston trip (really it was Day 2, but Day 1 was purely travel) revolved around our whole purpose for going to Boston. It was MIT Commencement and Nick was receiving his Master's degree!


There was quite a massive crowd, but thanks to Gabrielle showing up early to save seats we were almost as close as you could get to the podium without actually being a graduate.

Skylar played with toys on the grass in the moment (notice that isn't pluralized) between being held by Grandma and Grandpa.

Mike paid a lot of attention to the services and the surrounding campus. He was particularly interested in the clovers in the grass. Look! He found a four leaf clover!


As the storyboard shows, Sky got a hold of said clover and ripped two of the leaves. Mike showed a disappointed face...

...Until he revealed a backup four leaf clover, still in mint condition. Now that's lucky!

After a funny speech by the governor of MA (apparently his daughter was given a homework assignment when she was about 7-years-old and was asked to describe the four seasons. She gave a detailed account of the Four Seasons, "When you get there, the doorman opens your door and you are greeted by the concierge...") and a few notable people from MIT (I don't know who spoke; I was wandering around the massive court trying to find the "baby changing tent"), the graduates finally received their degrees.

Here's Nick walking:


I used my massive zoom lens to take that photo. I wanted to take a photo of Nick on the jumbotron right next to us, but Ted said that was tacky. I still took one, though. Here's an Asian guy:


Naturally, the services were followed by pictures. Here is Nick with Sky:


Nick's girlfriend, Michelle, Nick and Sky:


The family shot. As you can see, I was given an honorary degree which I was clearly excited about:


In fact, Mike and Ted also received honorary degrees! Unfortunately, all you can read is the "Comfoltey" part because of the way they were holding the degrees:

The End.

I don't feel like proofreading this; it's too long.

Congrats, Nick!!

1 comments:

Leisa Waldron said...

Congrats Nick! And Mike...I am impressed, I found a four leaf clover once, but never have I met someone else who found one as well. And finding two! You are Amazing.