While I was pregnant with Sky, I got a little bored. This caused me to pick up a hobby I never thought I would enjoy: reading.
Turns out I love reading! Love it. A lot.
During my pregnancy I read the entire Harry Potter series as well as some miscellaneous novels here and there. I read pretty much every book we own, though we don't own many.
Just after Skylar was born my mom came to stay with us for a week. That was really great (thanks, Mom!). Not only did she stay with us, she also came bearing gifts! Of course, she brought gifts for the baby--that's what grandma's do. But she (along with Morgan) also loaned me the whole Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer.
I started reading the books when Sky was about 2 weeks old. She is now 5 weeks old, as of yesterday (yay!), and I have now finished all four books. This is a true feat to be recognized by all who know me. I mean, these books are around 700 pages each!
So how did I do it? How can I be so freaking awesome? It was easy. The books are so great I was having a hard time putting them down! I even lost much-needed sleep due to this can't-put-it-downness. And that is a true sacrifice to someone with a new baby.
Yep, I definitely recommend these books to anyone and everyone. Unless you have a lame imagination or an unwarranted fear of vampires.
Can't wait to see the upcoming film at Thanksgiving!

10 comments:
sorry I didn't respond to your text about reading twilight. There was a good reason I couldn't, but I can't remember what it was now.
Anywho, I have read the series. We will have to discuss the books when I come to visit! I love that you love to read!
Yeah, woohoo! Oh, I am so glad you've read them; I knew they were up your alley.
I'm excited for you to visit. Oh man, it's gonna be great. I should probably get some Whoppers...
Haha, good job adding Morgan's name in there. We will go see it foh shizzle!
Well, half of the books were hers! I would only know half the story without Morgan's help. What a little dear, even if she is adamantly opposed to the movie :)
Kylie..Emily has read the books as well and Joe took her to Forks a few weeks ago to "see the sights". While in Forks a Seattle news crew was visiting as well and interviewed Emily and her friends for a segment to be aired the night of the movie premiere! If you'd like to see pictures let me know and I'll have Emily send them to you. Give Skylar a hug and say hi to Michael for us!
Love,
Mary Jane (Michael's cousin!)
Mary Jane--that is awesome! I was messing around online a couple of weeks ago and found out that you can take a tour of Forks. They have a little 13 passenger bus; it totally cracked me up! I'll bet Emily had a FABULOUS time!
I'd love to see pictures of her visit! You guys have my email?
Mike and I hope to be able to visit with Skylar sometime--she needs to meet the fam!
whoppers? as in from burger king? awesome!
HA! No, not the burgers!
Whoppers, as in the chocolate-covered malt ball candy. Whitney brought them to California when we were 10 and they always pop up in our visits. I thought it would be an appropriate thing to have around!
We are SOOOOOOOO going to see the movie! And we will drag Morgan with us, bound and gagged of course, and tape her eyes open so she will have to watch the movie. And we will eat WHOPPERS!!! (Yes, the hamburgers topped with the chocolates which we will sneak into the theatre!)
HA! Gross! I won't put Whoppers on a Whopper! Sicko.
Yep, Morgan's coming whether she wants to or not. And Alex. And Heather, if she hasn't seen it before then!
Post a Comment