Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's A Girl!!!

We are so very excited to present:
Skylar McCall Comfoltey


She was born this morning at 2:55 AM (10/5/08)
Weight: 8 lbs. 2 ozs.
Length: 22 inches
Eyes: They look blue right now, but I think most newborns have blue eyes originally...
Hair: Brown, and lots of it!



Well she's finally here!  We're so excited to have her!  She is definitely the cutest baby I've ever seen.

We were originally scheduled to come in at 10:00AM.  However, we received a call from the hospital shortly before 8AM and they informed us that the hospital had no beds available.  So we waited around at home for until 3PM at which time the hospital said that we could come in!  Kylie was admitted at 3:30PM and had stable contractions about 2 minutes apart all the way through.  She was amazing!  Kylie delivered Skylar a 2:55AM after about 2 hours of pushing.

The nurses were excellent and they really helped us feel as comfortable as possible with what was going on.  The supervisor, Kimbra, gave Skylar a perfect APGAR rating of 10!  Skylar's skin was almost immediately pink over her entire body.  She was strong and very active.  Kimbra told us it was the only 10 she's given all year.  Skylar is a very healthy baby.

So it's been about 12 hours since little Skylar joined us.  The first hour she stayed with us in the delivery room.  Then she spent 3 or so hours in the nursery.  They got her all clean and tested her for all sorts of baby things.  After that she came to stay with us.  She slept for about 5 hours straight, even when we tried to wake her up to feed her, she would fall fast asleep.  She is definitely an easy baby right now.  She has only cried a few times since she was born and she only cries for about 10-30 seconds at a time.  It's amazing!  Even when the nurses were poking her and turning her all over to clean and test her, she just went along with it.  She's just such a good little girl :)  
(On a side note, the poor kid next door has been crying for the last few hours and was crying for at least 4 hours earlier this morning too.  We can't hear it too well from our room, but that's what the nurses are saying)


Here is a picture of Kylie holding Skylar and Sky holding Ky's pinky (fierce grip on this kid!)

This is my current view of Skylar (taken while sitting in a chair with a laptop on my lap).

Love,
Mike

PS: If anything doesn't make sense in this post, it's because we have not really slept in a while :)
PPS: I started this post about an hour ago so Skylar is sleeping on Kylie right now.  Occasionally she'll make a cute little noise.  They're both so beautiful.

16 comments:

Tristan said...

Congratulations to both of you! She is so cute! I am so excited for you both! Hope it goes well with this little one!

Myriah Cohen said...

She's a 10!

Oh, I knew it! I just knew she would be!

The Davis Family said...

Yippy! She is beautiful! We all love her name! So excited for you two. Congratulations! She is perfect!

Leisa Waldron said...

At first I thought she looked just like Mikey (the 3:30 am picture on my phone) but look at her little lips...totally like your little lips. She is adorable Kylie and Mikey. Good job you guys! I can't wait to meet her!

Kelli Nicole said...

Yay yay yay! Congratulations!! She's beautiful!!!

Brie said...

Wow, she's really a gorgeous newborn! Congrats guys!

Unknown said...

American cousins think she is perfect.
Love Kathleen and gang

McKayJoice said...

Weird. . . you guys are a little family now. . Oh that is so weird.


She honestly is beautiful, the hair, the hair is wonderful.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous little granddaughter I have!! And how considerate of her to be born so very close to my birthday, but to retain her own birthday so that we can always have TWO parties! Had she been born on my birthday I would most definitely have expected you to name her Skylar Carlacita! (And I'm sure you warned her about that too...)

Anyhoo, looking forward to seeing her TOMORROW and holding her for several hours (yes, Mike, you WILL have to pry her out of my arms), but I promise to make banana bread and cookies while I am there...

Love you guys!

Darla said...

What an adorable baby. Way to go Kylie and Mike. I will send Mike a crowbar to pry her out of mama carlacita's arms. I figure it will take a couple days for it to get there and by then her grip should loosen a bit. Good luck!
Have a fabulous day.

Whittron said...

I love you guys! Your baby is beautiful, and has a beautiful name! Skylar is a very lucky girl to have you two as parents.

Our Little Family said...

Congrats! What an adorable baby you two have. Good luck in your adventures as new parents!

Brady and Rachel said...

Congrats you guys. She's beautiful. Love the name. Hope you recover quickly Kylie. And hope she stays such an easy baby.

Carolyn said...

Oh, I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful and couldn't be cuter. Good luck with the upcoming sleepless nights!

Anonymous said...

Kylie & Mike,
She is beautiful and I'm not sure but I even think I saw a feature or two that reminded me of her uncle david!! Yeh, well maybe it was the hat!! Anyway, we will be out in Utah for Thanksgiving & If you guys are there maybe we will have the chance to meet her and welcome her to the family!!

Love, Uncle David

Leisa Waldron said...

I. Need. More. Pictures!!!
:)