Today Mike and I had a fabulous time at the Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center (aka: the hospital)!
After a few days of light spotting and occasional cramping mixed with me being a paranoid and entirely stressed mess we decided to play it safe and go to the hospital to have me checked out (because we are new to town, no OB's could fit me into their busy schedules and the only option left was the hospital). One ultrasound, some monitoring, a pelvic exam, some ice water (natch) and four hours later we were sent home with the following instructions:
Diet: RegularThe nurse, Patti, kindly explained that I was to be on a sort of modified bedrest, meaning that I can still go out to dinner and whatnot, but that I ought to basically take it very easy for the next week.
Activity: Bedrest. May be up to bathroom, may be up for meals, may shower (phew!).
Restrictions: No exercising, no lifting, minimize walking, minimize stair-climbing, no sexual activity, nothing in vagina (not sure what they thought I'd put in there, but thanks for being specific, guys!).
Unfortunately this little romp ended in our being told not to go to California this weekend. We are a little bummed out, but Mike has now "rented" Guitar Hero and that seems to have filled his need-for-a-fun-weekend void. I guess that means I get to watch him play! Now I can see his skills of a musician...

5 comments:
I guess they wanted to make sure you didn't use a tampon for all of that period you're having.
Take care of yourself!!
Lol! You called it, Anne. No tampons for me!
Oh...Glad you're ok!
Thats scary but way to play it safe. Enjoy being on bedrest...it always sounds good in the beginning but after a few days you'll hate it!
I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm glad you're okay, though. Good thing "Guitar Hero" was there to save the day for Mike... :)
Post a Comment