Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Wedding and a Roomie

Last Sunday (the 20th) Mike and I made our way out to Sacramento for his pal's wedding. Mike has been friends with Eric since 4th grade, so he was really looking forward to seeing him tie the knot. (Actually, Mike just LOVES being married to me so he is always trying to talk the rest of his friends into getting married and when one of them finally does he gets really happy about it.)

I was a little concerned about going to the wedding. The ceremony was to be held outdoors at 11:30am in the heart of Sacramento. Anyone who knows Sacramento would understand my concern being outside midday in July.

As it turned out, Sacramento decided to be about 80-something that afternoon instead of the normal 97 degrees. Thanks, Sac-town! If only we had been earlier to arrive Mike and I could have had shaded seats. Naturally I was wearing sunscreen, but being 7 months pregnant I was still sweating up a storm. Mike helped me out by standing in front of me to shade me from the sun until the ceremony started. Then the ceremony only lasted about 10 minutes before everyone moved inside for the reception! Here's a pic of me, Eric and Mikey (not sure where his new wife Kelly was when we took the shot):


Mikey's dad, Ted, met us in Sacramento for the wedding--he took that picture for us. It was fun to see him for a little while! After we left the wedding we took a little tour of Old Sacramento with Ted. We would probably have walked around a bit, but there was nowhere to park so we just drove and gawked at the western-theme old towne buildings.

As fate would have it, my fave roomie from BYU and fellow-blogger, Myriah, happened to be in Davis visiting a friend for the weekend, so after we said goodbye to Ted, Mike and I hopped in the Jeep and drove on down to see Myr. We had a wonderful time looking at each other's new phones (she got a Centro and we are now texting buddies). We also showed her Spielberg Smurf as Mike had been toting it around in his pocket. He just loves that camcorder, what can I say?

Myr and I suck at taking decent pictures so I've decided to just post the worst of the bunch. Here we are--I was trying not to laugh because my stomach was bumping into her and she was just making that face for kicks:


Anyway, it was a fun, long day. We got to attend Eric's wedding and hang out with Mikey's dad and we got to see Myr (it's been...hmm...probably more than a year since we hung out last). And Mike got to play with his camcorder. Oh, and we were fed after the wedding. What more could you want in one day?

1 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

KY! It has been a terrible long year since we had seen each other.
I was just thinking of that on my way back to A-town.


You know, I have no idea why I made that face in the picture, or even how I made that face. A camera comes out and suddenly I become ridiculous. I think it's a talent we have.

This was a very action packed picture taking session. We were posing, becoming ridiculous, when suddenly a baby inside her mom comes around and hits me! I was a little taken aback, but was able to make that excellent expression anyway.

Nice work, Mikey, for capturing all that is the Myr and Ky team.