Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"It's About Sex, Mom..."

For any of you who don't know, I have twin brothers who will be turning 13 this July. They are pretty funny kids; they're extremely creative and have two very different personalities. They are very identical (though they don't look it in this picture because their heads are at different angles) and I love them to death.

Nick is the older twin (by a whopping 2-3 minutes). He is a very laid-back kid with a witty sense of humor. Josh is younger and more high strung. He is a fun kid, but has a short fuse and does not like to be teased by his friends.

So anyway, on the car ride home from school the other day NickJosh (we simply call them NickJosh) were telling my mom about a friend of theirs who was bothering them that day. Apparently this kid has picked up the phrase "That's what she said!" and kept saying it after everything NickJosh were saying. Nick was annoyed but kept his cool. Josh, on the other hand, got ticked off and told the kid to "stop saying that, it's stupid!" Of course, this kid comes back with some lame comment like, "Well you are the one thinking dirty thoughts, so you have the dirty mind" blah blah blah. Clearly this didn't go over well with Josh.

In the middle of this story, Josh pauses and says, "Mom...do you know what that means? When people say 'that's what she said'?" To which Mom replies, "Yes. I know what that means, Josh."

Apparently unconvinced, Josh says, "It's about sex, Mom..."

6 comments:

Sam said...

hahaha... i miss the NickJosh stories!

"Hi Nick!" (turn around) "Hi Nick!"

Myriah Cohen said...

oh man! so great!

Also, mother's don't really know anything.

It's about sex.

Ashley Clark said...

Kids are so smart "these days." When I was 13, I didn't know anything!

Leisa Waldron said...

I agree, I probably would have laughed at a joke like that when I was 13 but had no idea what I was laughing at! I don't want my kids to be 13!!!

Unknown said...

OK, I admit that I'm a bit out of touch with the pre-teen,teen or even the post teen crowd. Also, I do not watch The Office so perhaps I can be forgiven in that I had no idea that a simple phrase "that's what she said" was so common that it has references in the Urban Dictionary, Wikipedia and a host of other references to double entendres. I did however learn something new today and that was the double meaning in the title of Shakespeare's play "Much Ado About Nothing". Also, there is even a legal blog entitled "That's What She Said" wherein the blogger analyses The Office episodes with respect to all of the many legal implications of the outrageous behavior that occurs on the show as an example of how NOT to behave in your office.

Anyway, a great story--

Scott and Kristine said...

I told Scott the story and we were dying laughing... miss being kids and living by eachother with our crazy families!