Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fat Loots!

Last night my Grandma Pack and aunts Amy and Cathy threw me a baby shower! Lots of family showed up and some of my best pals made it as well, so it was a lot of fun. Plus Mike and I made out with some fat loot! (That's our ghetto way of saying we got some great kid stuff.)

Before last night, the only baby-related paraphernalia we owned was a blanket Grandma Pack gave us a couple of months ago. Now we have a whole slew of cute blankets, some cute new baby clothes, a Bumbo (Leisa says this is a necessity), a cute baby sling, some bottles, onesies, a little play mirror and a grocery cart dealio.

Here, I took pictures:

Here are all the blankets, most of them handcrafted and one-of-a-kind:
And here is our Bumbo, some burp cloths (also handcrafted), a baby mirror, shopping cart dealio, some bottles and a little teddy bear:
Lastly, all the baby clothes plus a baby sling, a pair of shoes and a cute hooded towel:My favorites are these tiny little onesies and teeny baby shoes:
Grandma Laney and my aunt Carolyn were able to come up for the shindig. Poor Grandma Laney hurt her back so they couldn't stay long, but it was fun to have them there!
And here I am (looking very rotund...I'm not a fan of that angle) with a bunch of pals. From the left we have Whitney, me, Kristi, Kristine and Tristan.
All in all, last night was a lot of fun and my grandma is awesome for throwing me the shower! Mike thinks the baby clothes and baby blankets are cute and he is trying to convince me to have the baby early. I'm not planning to comply with this request. But it's cute that he's so excited. :)

Thanks to everyone who was able to come out to the baby shower! Love you guys!

7 comments:

Leisa Waldron said...

Cute stuff! Are those little shoes pediped? I love them!

Leisa Waldron said...

Oh, and I love the pink bumbo. You will be the cool girl because you have a bumbo...and if your baby has reflux like Laney did - it is a lifesaver (well, laundry saver!)

Kylie said...

I have no idea what brand those little shoes are. They're just cute I guess!

The Bumbo is pretty cool; we're excited to see it in action! Unfortunately Mike didn't quite fit, so we'll have to wait for the baby...

the skiz said...

Do I show my singleness by NOT knowing what a BUMBO is?

Kylie said...

It's okay, Shauna. I didn't know what a Bumbo was either.

Myriah Cohen said...

SO THEN WHAT IS IT???????


I've been dying to know!

I thought maybe someone would tell me what it is and why it is so great, but no one has! PLEASE!!!

TELL ME!!!

Kylie said...

Honestly, Myriah! Calm down!

A Bumbo is a little rubbery seat dealio for kids to sit in when they can't sit up on their own. That way you can feed them baby food or teach them how to sit up without actually having to hold them up! Also, I think it works well as a holding device for older kids...it's hard to get out of. Bwahahahaha!