Mike and I just got back from Reno. Oh...Happy Easter!
Okay, back to the story. We just got back from a 3.5-day trip to Reno. As some of you are aware, Mike received another job offer with a company called PC Doctor, which happens to be located in Reno. If you don't know where Reno is, tough. Just kidding--it's located in the northwest elbow of Nevada. This is considerably closer to California than Houston (imagine that!) and that is a major plus. There is also an In-N-Out in Reno, which we swung by shortly after picking up our rental car. Two plain doubledoubles and two shakes later, we were feeling pretty good about Reno.
We spent the weekend checking out housing. We meandered through many a model home and jotted down plenty of rentals. We even visited a few apartment complexes. Speaking of which, we don't know the difference between renting and leasing. Let me take care of this. BRB.
I'm back! Apparently leasing is the long-term version of renting. Leasing is renting; it's just the preferred term for long-term contracts. You people probably already knew this, but for those of you who were clueless as Mike and I were, congrats on your newly gained knowledge!On Friday, Mike spent the day at the office meeting the higher-ups, lower-downs and everyone in-between (I was driving around; when I got bored I went back to the hotel and watched King of Queens and Just Shoot Me) after which a possible future coworker, Chris, took us on an hour+ comprehensive and fully informational tour of the Reno area. He happens to be LDS so he was also able to tell us about church building locations, meeting times, etc.
Overall it was a great trip. We liked the area, Mike loves the job he'd be working and thinks the company seems ideal. The area near the office is growing like mad and will someday have plenty of family-friendly parks and new schools.
Will we be waving bye-bye to Houston and hello to Reno? Tune in next time...


5 comments:
In N OUT huh? I'm liking Reno more already. I have heard that Reno is definitely growing, so it doesn't seem quite so much like the middle of nowhere. j/k That would be great for you guys to be there and not be quite so far from your fam. We are headed to Salem, Oregon in a month and a half for a job. Hope all goes well and can't wait to hear where you guys are headed. Good luck with everything. Also thanks for the insight on leasing (I honestly never really knew the difference, I feel like I definitely learned something new tonight - Thanks!).
Good luck with your decision! I'm sure whatever you choose will work out for the best!
Thanks, guys! And Rachel, I'm happy to hear someone else was confused about the whole rent vs. lease business. lol!
We've been making our pros and cons lists and I've got to say the lists are leaning us toward Reno...
Did you time the Couch-to-Fridge and the Computer-to-Fridge commute?
I hope so.
Otherwise, how are you suppose to make an informed decision?
I'm so excited to hear about your decision! This way we'll have someone to stay with when we decide to make the drive across the desert next...which won't be anytime soon, but HEY, why not?
Post a Comment