Tuesday, December 31, 2013

October Skyisms

For the record, I did create this post and keep track of these -isms in October. I just neglected to do anything about it until December 31. Just as I neglected November and December, but here they all come as one final 2013 HURRAH!!!

10.2
Sky: "How many more days until my birthday?"
Me: "Three!"
Sky: "Three! Yeah, but will Dad be there?"
Me: "Yes."
Sky: "But he's getting home in three more days."
Me: "Dad will be home in two days."
Sky: "Which day is my birthday?"
Me: "Saturday."
Sky: "Which day does Dad get home?"
Me: "Friday."
Sky: "Okayyyyy..."
Me: "He'll be home for your birthday, Sky."
Sky: {singing the days of the week song to decide whether I'm telling the truth or lying, because obviously this is something I would lie about}

10.3
Sky: "Okay, now I know the rule..."
Me: "Which rule?"
Sky: "Do not put stuffed animals in your mouth!"

10.3
Sky (sighing): "Is it 10:00 yet?"
Me: "Nope."
Sky: "Ughhhh. I'm diving for a snaaaack..."

10.16
Sky, while riding circles on her bike, singing a song she made up this week ("she rocking, she's rolling, she's ready to be in the race!"): "I'm going to take my training wheels off sometime. When I'm 6 or 10."

10.18
Sky, yawning: "I think I've already yawned four times."
A few minutes later:
Sky, yawning: "Five yawns! That's my Golden Yawn!"
Me: "Hahaha! It is!"
Sky: "When you yawn 29 times in one day, that'll be your Golden Yawn."

10.23
Overheard while making dinner as the kids played/fought outside:
Harp: "Ahhhhhhh!"
Sky: "HARP! DON'T TELL MOM! - {panicking} - Harp! Come back here, I'll tell you what to say!"

10.29
Sky: "Are we ever going to move out of this house?"
Me: "I don't know."
Sky: "I hope not. Because how would we get the chicks and the chicken coop there? "
Me: "We'd figure it out."
Sky: "Maybe we'd use one of those big boxes."
Me: "Mmhmm."
Sky: "But they'd each need special seatbelts."

0 comments: