Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December Harpisms

12.11
Harp, very seriously: "I eat my boogers."
Me: "..."

12.13
Me: "What would you like for Christmas, Harper?"
Harp: "Um. Presents."
Me: "What types of presents?"
Harp: "Christmas presents."

12.19
Sky: "Harp, can you please put the kitty in her home?"
Harper, sadly: "No. Not today..."
Sky: "You always say that."
Harp, sighing: "Yeah..."

12.26
(I picked up a knitting hobby earlier this month, so there are balls of yarn and knitting needles hanging around)
Sky: "Harper, would you like me to teach you how to knit?"
Harp: "Oh, yeah! Sure!"
Sky: "Okay. Who would you like to knit for?"
Harp: "Um, me."
Sky: "You can knit for someone. Like a present."
Harp: "Oh. I will knit for Miss Libby. She's my beeeeeest friend."

12.28
Harp, to no one in particular: "Wendy's at the North Pole."
Me: "Yep. She is."
Harp: "Wendy's making mine presents."

12.30
Harper, to Sky, with finality: "I am your best friend."

later that day:

Harp, randomly to Mike: "My monok."
Mike: "What?"
Sky, pointing to Harper's Butterfly in a Jar toy on the table: "That's her monarch."

12.31
Me: "Time to get out of Dad's car, Harp."
Harp: "No! Me want to stay in Dad's car!"
Me: "You've been in there for a long time. You need to come out."
Harp, crying: "Me want to stay here...forever."
Me: "Forever? Why?"
Harp, still crying, climbing into the back seat: "Because me like it."

0 comments: