Tuesday, December 31, 2013

November Skyisms

11.8
Sky: "Pick me up again!"
Mike: "I'm super tired. I just got home. Daddy had a suuuuper busy day today."
Me: "Did you get anything finished?"
Mike: "I got a whole lot done."
Sky: "Well, how much money did you get?"
Me: "Yeah! That's all we care about!"
Mike: "I didn't get money."
Sky: "Why not?"
Mike: "I got enough work done to keep my job."
Sky: "Well, don't do that. Don't get enough done to keep your job."
Mike: "But then I wouldn't have a job, and we'd have to sell all of our stuff!"
Sky: "And we'd get to live underneath a tree?! With our two cats?!"

11.8
Mike: "You might want to clean up your puzzle so you don't ruin all the pieces by stepping them."
Sky: "Umm can you do it? I'm full...of cleaning."
Mike: "You're full of cleaning?"
Sky: "Yeah."

11.14
Sky: "It's Nice Day!"
Me: "Kids, sit down so we can eat!"
Sky: "Mom? Remember? It's Nice Day today. That means only be nice."
Me, grumbling: "You have to eat to be nice..."

11.17
Me: "Only one more cabinet to paint, Sky! Just one cabinet. And eight chairs...and a table. But once those are done, everything will be painted!"
Sky: "Yep. And THEN will we be able to have more play dates?"

11.30
Our elf, Wendy, returned from the North Pole to hang out at our house until Christmas. The kids LOVE Wendy. This Skyism occurred at 7am. Mike and I were sleeping and all was lovely when our door suddenly flew open and:
Sky: "MOM! WENDY'S BACK!"
Harp: "MOM, WENDY'S BACK!"
Sky: "She's on the cabinet! The one you painted. The old one that you just painted, not the other one you painted. Come see!"
Harp: "Come see!"
Sky, running back into the room: "She's on a book! She brought a book! Come see!" (Runs away)
Harp runs in: "She's on a book! Come see!" (Runs away)

0 comments: