Monday, December 31, 2012

December Skyisms

A few funny Skyisms, for your enjoyment. Sky said many funny things this month, but only the following managed to get recorded :)

12.5
Sky: "When I grow up, there will be two mommies!"
Me: "What?"
Sky: "When I grow up, there will be two mommies, and a daddy and a Harp."
Me: "Um, what?"
Sky: "Sigh. When. I. Grow. Up. There. Will. Be. Two-"
Me: "No, I heard you. But why will there be two mommies?"
Sky: "Because I will be a mommy, too! So there will be two mommies and a daddy and a Harp!"

12.10
(This isn't word-for-word; I forgot to write it down after the conversation, but it's pretty dang close.)
Sky: "I'm DIVING for it to be Christmas!"
Me: "Diving?"
Sky: "Yeah, you know. I'm diving because I'm so excited!!!"
Me: "Oh, you mean dying?"
Sky: "Mom. I'm not dying; that doesn't make sense. That's why it's called diving."

12.15
Sky: "Mom, I'm hungry."
Me: "I know you're hungry. You're always hungry, and I am making your food right now."
Sky: "Mooooommmmm! I'm starved!"
Me: "Look at me. I am making your food. I hope you don't fall over from hunger while I'm doing this!"
Sky: "I'm DIVING for some food, Mom! My stomach is DIVING FOR SOME FOOD!"

12.24
Sky: "Hey, that shirt must show where your heart is!"
Me: "Oh. Yep, I guess it does."
Mike: "Mommy has a very big heart."
Me (cue cheesy voice): "Because it's so full of love for you, Sky."
Sky: "Yeah. My heart is so full of love for, well, everyone I know!"
Me: "That is great."
Sky: "Because I don't know everyone in the whole world...but...I do know Mia and Elle!"

12.24
Me: "Why aren't you excited at all about Christmas?"
Sky (completely confused): "Huh? I AM excited!!!!!"
Me: "Prove it."
Sky: blank stare
Me: "How excited at you?"
Sky: "All the way up to the North Pole and the snowy mountains!"
Me: "Okay. That's excited."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the BEST!

Carla L. said...

this kid is so hilarious!!! We still do the "freakin' right we aren't saying freakin'" thing every day!!