Today we got a special package delivered to our front door from my awesome friend Christy and her girls, one of whom is Sky's best buddy--Mia. I decided to let Sky open her gift early because she was just so excited!
Mia sent Sky a very cute flower shaped "I am a Child of God" mirror. Sky can't stop talking about it and showing it off! Then this:
Sky: "Mom, can you keep Harper away? I need to use my computer."
Me: "Sure. Are you doing your work?" (because she is usually 'doing [her] work' when she uses her computer)
Sky: "No. I need to order a present for Mia."
Me: "Oh! Well, I already ordered her something. Want to see it?"
Sky: "Umm. Well. Okay, yes."
It was like I was the most annoying person ever, ruining her big plans. Anyway, I grabbed Mia's gift, showed it to Sky and explained what it was.
Me: "Fun, huh?!"
Sky: "Oh. Yes, that is cool. But I need to order her something else because I really love Mia."
Me: "You really do, huh?"
Sky: "Yes, Mom. I know! A camera that takes real pictures!" (which is exactly what Sky asked Santa for this year)
A few minutes later I heard, "Done!" and she walked over to me with an imaginary piece of paper.
Me: "Okay, I will keep it safe until the order comes."
I assumed she was done, since she'd printed the receipt and all, but suddenly...
Sky: "A computer! I can get her a computer!"
Me: "But you already ordered her a camera that really works! And I already have a gift for her on the counter."
No response from Sky, who was back at work ordering things on her computer. Until she exclaimed:
Me: "You can't stop?!"
Sky: "I can't! My computer says, 'Don't keep stopping ordering things to Mia.' That's what it says."
Me: "It does? It says that?"
Sky: "Yes, it does. You know why? Because I love Mia. And she gave me that mirror."
We sure miss Mia around here. Too bad we are so INCREDIBLY lame as to have neglected to ship the gifts in time for Christmas. I hope they still love us, anyway!
(As a side note, this incident also proved two things to me: 1) Sky has learned that we don't shop in this house--we order things; and 2) Sky has a very generous side to her. This is contrary to the face-plant-on-couch exclamation of last week that Sky will "never be happy, EVER again!" after having been told to share her toys with her cousin, Crew.)

0 comments:
Post a Comment