Wednesday, December 28, 2011

11 Months Old!

This is what Harper looks like at 11 months:

She is getting so big! And somehow, blurrier. We're hoping she'll grow out of that, but we will love her just the same--blurry or sharp. That's what kind of parents we are.

We're also the kind of parents who let our kids play with the Christmas tree. Harper LOVES the Christmas tree. This is how she looks at it. Behold the lights in her eyes:

She's a stander and a walk-along-furniter-er:

She's learning the pirate ways from Sky. Doesn't this picture totally remind you of Sky in the "No Boys Allowed" post (also at 11 months old)?


She doesn't quite have the "yeargh" look the way Sky had it, but I'm confident she'll master it with more practice. Harper makes a lot of cute faces these days.


We love this little girl so much! She has two bottom teeth, which you can glimpse in the blurry picture at the top, and since I snapped these shots her top middle teeth have grown in. She'll have at least those 4 teeth to munch cake with on her birthday!

Harper is a shrimp. People often guess she's 9 months old, sometimes they guess younger. She weighs around 16lbs and when she wanders along furniture all you can see is the top of her head. She has teeny tiny feet. It's like someone turned me into a baby and there I am, trying so hard to see what Sky left on the couch for me to play with. 

Dear Harper: I am your future. You will be very short and very white. I'm sorry.

Harp can say "mama" and "dada" and now says "amen" after prayers. She signs "more," "all done," "sleep," and LOVES to clap. She also thinks she's hilarious. Her favorite funny thing to do these days is to let things hang out of her mouth (toys, necklaces, noodles) and laugh until we notice and laugh with her. I love that my kids have a sense of humor from such a young age! Oh, and did you know you don't actually have to cover your face to play peek-a-boo? You just have to put your arms above your head and wait for someone to ask, "Where's Harper?" and then BOO! There she is! Who knew?


Sky is the best big sister in the world and Harper adores her. When they are laughing and playing together, it's like life couldn't get any better. I can't wait to see them playing together more this next year!

1 comments:

Carla L. said...

Ahhh, Tiny Harp! She is so adorable - I can't believe she's nearly one!