Friday, May 13, 2011

Smith's Haul

I went to Smith's on Tuesday and I came home with all of this:

For a grand total of $61.26. 

Yes, I saved $119.14.

That doesn't sound too impressive at first. But please note: more than $20 of that total was spent on 2 gallons of milk, one quart of buttermilk, a bunch of grapes, 4 bananas, 4 apples and one lemon. The rest was purchased for under $40!

The manager asked to look at my receipt. She said, "Pretty dang good!" I was worried all the employees would be annoyed with me, but I went at 9pm with no kids hoping to be less annoying with my coupons and I guess it worked. They were all very nice to me!

I know I'm not exactly royalty, but royalty looks pretty good on me.

5 comments:

Jen H said...

That is awesome. I have been watching extreme couponing lately (frankly some of them are plumb nuts) and am very excited to go to the RS activity next week. I would love to figure out how to make it work w/o spending hours of time on it (time I frankly do not have).

PS Royalty does look good on you! :)

Kylie said...

Haha! I know! It's like I was meant to wear that coupon sash.

I think the extreme couponers are nutso! You definitely don't have to spend tons of time on it. I think you get out what you put in--a little work, a little money saved; a lot of work, a lot of money saved; give your life over to it, eat free food all by yourself because you're a coupon addict and people think you're crazy!

Greg and Sariah said...

I too am excited for thursday with Christy. Christy has assured me she does not watch Extreme Couponing and is nothing like that....so I'm excited to save money and be normal while doing it.

Kylie....your pictures always make me laugh!!!!

McKayJoice said...

I'm so obsessed with that picture of yourself. . It kills me, so so funny.

Emily said...

Add me to the list of people that love the sash picture.

As long as you are reasonable about coupons, cashiers don't mind. Just stay organized. You did really awesome though! I love to look at the percentage that I saved.