Friday, April 15, 2011

Ode to the Mystery Mower

Dear Mystery Mower,

You mowed my lawn just now. I didn't know you were doing it, because I was helping my kid pee, brush her teeth and get in bed. I heard a mower while we were cleaning up toys, but I assumed a neighbor was mowing their own lawn.

Then I heard a leaf blower. It sounded pretty close. I put my kid to bed, then I looked out the window to see that it was in fact my lawn that had been mowed.

I don't know who you are or why you just did that. Maybe you are a lawn service hired by the neighbor three doors up and happened to mow the wrong lawn. That happened once before and I was able to send the service to the right house, but in my distracted afternoon routine today's mowing came and went before I caught on. Maybe you are just a really, really, ridiculously good looking nice neighbor doing a neighborly favor.

Whatever the reason, and whether you even know you just did it, THANK YOU!

Mike will think of you when he mows the back lawn tomorrow and know that his work was made that much easier!

0 comments: