I don't know why it was so funny, but I want to post about this so that when I print off my blog book and pretend it's a journal I can always remember this.
Sky isn't a very good eater most of the time. She messes around and loses focus and just doesn't eat much most days. I swear she spends several hours each day sitting in her chair not eating her meals. This is inherited from her father, who also manages to take 20 minutes to eat a slice of pizza if there is any distraction at all. Sometimes they forget about their food altogether and this ends up in a lot of wasted soggy or crusty inedible garbage that I would have happily eaten before said soggification/crustification.
(At the same time, she inherited from me the ability to be a completely different person when hunger strikes. Do not cross her when she's hungry. I repeat: do not cross me. I mean her.)
But on rare occasions, Sky scarfs her food down like it's nobody's business! Probably because she's so hungry from all that not-eating she's done during the previous week. Tonight was one of those nights. I made tortellini and breadsticks. Before I was even done with my own breadsticks, Sky was asking for more tortellini.
Sky: "Mommy? I can have some more now?"
Me: "Whoa! You ate it all? It's all gone?"
Sky: "Yep."
Me: "Seriously? That was really fast, Sky!"
I looked at her plate and sure enough, she had eaten it all. I had given her a good amount of food to start with.
Sky: "I dip it, I eat it."
Then she mimed the action of forking the tortellini, dipping it in the sauce and eating it. Because clearly Mommy wasn't catching on to what was happening here and needed an action-based explanation of how these things come to be.
"I can have some more, please? It's yummy in my tummy! Thank you, Mommy!"
I think she ate almost as many tortellini's as Mike and I ate. I don't know what it is, but I always feel really great when she eats a lot. Like I've finally made something she enjoys and now her tummy is happy and full. Now I understand why grandmas always try to make their grandchildren eat more and more!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
"I dip it, I eat it."
Posted by Kylie at 10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment