Mike and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary with a CRUISE! Did you know it is the only vacation we've taken together since our honeymoon? We needed it.
That's right, we left Sky with Grammy (our first time leaving her overnight anywhere) and hopped on the "mommy-daddy big boat" for a 4-night Baja Mexico cruise. Or as Mike will always remember it: The Eating Extravaganza of 2010! or something like that.
The All-You-Can-Eat Mexican Treat!
Yeah, I'm not coming up with anything better than that right now.
Anyway, we did remember to take pictures. Unfortunately, our camera had bad heartburn from all that food Mike was eating and a bunch of our pictures are corrupted, though I wonder if the corruption just rubbed off from being in such close proximity to Mexico?
Mike will try to work his technical magic, but here's a taste!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Cruisin' the Baja!
Here we are in Ensenada in front of our ship, the Carnival Paradise.
And another shot, taken by a guy who said "nice camera!" In hindsight, I should have left that shirt on the ship...
I thought it would be wrong to walk past this very Baja wall and not take a picture of us being normal in front of it.
Ah, the sunsets...
And just one of many treks down the endless hallway to our stateroom.
*Please note: this was our last day on the cruise. Yes, I'm glowing. Did you really think I'd come back with a tan?
And no, that's not just a food baby.
This is how my hair felt about being blown around on the decks.
Mikey's hair felt fine.
The all-you-can-eat-whenever-you-can-eat style food service was Mike's favorite part. He gained a very impressive 4lbs. VERY impressive, seeing as he has previously only managed to gain a total of 5lbs in the 9 years I've known him. I feel like he was making this attack-bite face throughout most of the trip:
So there you have it, friends! Our final 2 days of vacation. Hopefully we'll be able to salvage our pictures from the first two days as well.
But for now, bon voyage!
Posted by Kylie at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Looks like you two had a fabulissimo time! I'm surprised there are not more photos of food, but maybe those are the ones that got corrupted...
Don't wait another 5 years to take a vacation together. We'll take Sky and Slingshot anytime you want to leave them!
(I'm pretty sure that's the name they are not going to tell you about...)
Oh my, what a wonderful trip! You chronicled it so well that the first part of your trip may be unnecessary.
Or maybe not. Okay, I want the first part of the trip. Hit me with it!
What a fun trip, and what a brilliant way to spend your five year anniversary! Very cute pictures too. I'm glad Mike managed to gain some weight. And Kylie, you are adorable!
Post a Comment