Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Skyisms

6.1
"When I am four, I'll go outside and watch all the shooting stars! Even when there are creepos out there. And I won't be scared."

6.8
Mike took Sky out for a Daddy/Daughter lunch. In the car, she was watching Tangled. She had somehow managed to change the language to Spanish.
"Dad, she's talking in Spanish! It sounds very pretty. Now she's SINGING in Spanish! And it sounds soooo pretty!"
Mike: "Yeah. Spanish is pretty. Not everyone who speaks Spanish YELLS it like Dora..."
(We hate Dora. Also, this is a paraphrase, as I was not in the car to hear the conversation.)

6.10
We were leaving Leisa's house and they had closed down the road we needed to take. The police were telling people to take a different route, so I started to turn the car around. Sky says from the back seat:
"On Caillou, the road was blocked. They had to go another way, and that was a detour."
"Yeah, it's a detour! You're right Sky!"
"Yep. That's what it's called."
(Who says TV doesn't teach kids valuable information?)

6.12
Me, to Mike: "We went to the library today to pick up some books I had on hold."
Sky: "Yeah. Why is it called a library? Because they lie?"
(Then 2 minutes later, while Mike is wondering around with a neck guard on making crazy faces)
Me: "Crazy!"
Sky: "What's crazy?"
Me: "Dad. His brain."
Sky: "What?! I don't think so. I think it looks great!"

6.13
"Mom, you know that song that was in Harper's room?"
"Which one? Hush little baby?"
"Yep. Remember when you gave me a rocking bird?"
"I did?"
"Yeah, you gave me a rocking bird like it says 'mommy's gonna give you a rocking bird.'
"Oh, I did?"
"And when my rocking bird didn't sing, you gave me a diamond ring!!!"

6.14
Sky, singing one of her original pieces:
"Experts, experts. Experts, experts, I love experts. I love experts! I LOVE experts!"
Then she noticed my quizzical look.
"What, Mom? I do. I love experts."
"Do you know what experts are?"
"No."
"But you love them?"
"Yeah, but I don't know what they are...but I love them!"

6.25
Sitting at the table with her chin resting on her hand:
"Mom, do you know what I'm ready for?"
"What?"
"A hug and a yogurt shake!"

6.28
Regarding a pink shrimp-like monster on the show she was watching:
"Mom...is that what a creepo looks like?"

(Oh, creepos! Sky never forgets anything. Take great care in what you say to her.)

6.30
Sky: "Haha! Franny's grandpa is soooo silly."
Mike: "Do you wish you had a silly grandpa?"
Sky: "I do! I have TWO!"
Me: "Oh! Who are they?"
Sky: "The one at Grammy's house, and the one and Grandma and Grandpa's house!"

0 comments: