Friday, June 1, 2012

May Skyisms

5.3
"I wish I was on TV."
"You do?"
"Yes. Maybe when I'm growin' up I will be on TV!"
"Why do you want to be on TV?"
"Um, well Mom, I just do. Maybe when I'm four I'll be on TV. Four is a lot."

5.13
Singing in her room at bedtime. First a song about parties, something about hands are part of arms, followed by Sky telling herself:
"That was really good. It was a great song! I'm such a really good singer!
Then she sang this lovely number:
"I'm the best singer in the world. In the whole wide world. I'm the best, best singer in the whole wide WORLD! THE...END!!!!!!!"

5.14
(after Harper got on the couch by herself)
"Harp! Yay, you did it! I can't believe my eye!"

5.16
"I'm so glad it takes sooooooo long to grow up!"
"You are?"
"Yeah! Because then I can still be a kid! And then I will grow up, and then I'll be able to go everywhere with everyone because I'll be alllllll growwwwwwn up! And everyone LOVES ME!"

5.21
"Wow, don't you think today is a GREAT DAY for choc-o-latey milk?!"
"Yep! You can have some with lunch."
"How about...now?"
"It's only 9:00. It isn't even snack time yet, babe."
"Mom, nine is a lot."
"Nope."
"Yes, it is. See: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9."
"..."
"See, it's a lot. It is. It's a good time for chocolate milk!"

5.21
Me: "Don't step on Dad's toe, he hurt it."
Sky: "How did you hurt your toe, Dad?"
Me: "He bit it."
Sky: "What?!"
Mike: "I didn't bite my toe!"
Me: "He reached right down and bit it. Chomp!"
Sky: "Dad!"
Me: "Maybe you bit it, Sky?"
Sky: "Hahaha! Why would I do that? I LOVE my dad!"

5.22
"Mmmmm...There's nothing like a nice dinner!"
"Nope!"
"Or a mom."
"Aww."
"There's nothing like a nice mom who cuts up my dinner." (cue big cheesy smile)


5.27
(leaving from Shelter Cove)
"We are going home now?"
"Yes."
"But you said night, and it's not dark."
"It will be dark before we get home. It's a very long drive, remember?"
"Oh yeah. It's going to be dark. Will there be creepos outside?"

5.28
"Is that soda for kids?"
(Mike, sitting next to his precious Virgil's Own root beer) "Nope."
"But...it has kids on it."

"Oh. Yeah, it does."
"So it's for kids."
"No. It's for...it's just for people."
"But! We ARE people!"

5.29
Last night I told Sky that Mike's birthday is in three days. This morning we had the following conversation:
"Today is the one day!"
"What babe?"
"Today is the one day, then tomorrow is the two day and the next day is the three day and that is DAD'S BIRTHDAY!!!"
"Oh! Yeah! You're right, woohoo!!!"
"Maybe we should give Dad a Valentine and some toys for his birthday."
"That sounds great."
"And one of those little things that's upstairs that's skinny."
"A Kindle?"
"Yeah. A Bindle."
"Kindle."
"Oh yeah, a Kindle."

5.30
"A FLIMP! I SEE A FLIMP!!!"
"Haha. That's called a 'blimp' Sky."
"Oh. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I see a blimp!"

5.31
"Mmm...There's nothing better like a cupcake that makes a birthday happy!"
"Haha you're right!"
"Mmm...mmm.mmm mmm! I LOVE these cupcakes, Mom.You made this frosting all by yourself?"
"Yep, I did. Do you think Daddy will love it?"
"Yep. Mmm...there's nothing better like taking off a wrapper."

3 comments:

Whittron said...

This girl is a genius.

Emily said...

These had me chuckling at my desk at work. I should write down some of the stuff that Abigail has started saying. Like all the random stuff she adds in her prayers.

Carla L. said...

Sky is so hilarious! This is such a great idea to keep a log of her Sky-isms. I wish I had done that because it's so easy to forget all the cute stuff...
Oh, and she reminds me of Dorcas Lane in Lark Rise to Candleford and her "one true weakness" except for Sky it's "there's nothing better than..."!!!