Sky LOVES ladybugs. She has a ladybug radar. If there is a ladybug to be found, she will find it no matter where we are.
Last Thursday we went to the park. Sky was running ahead of me and dashed down a set of stairs, then turned and dashed right back before I'd hit the first step. I stopped to ask what she was doing and watched as she crouched down to pick up a tiny ladybug I hadn't seen and possibly may have stepped on! Then she was off again.
We played at the park for about two and a half hours, then I pulled out some sandwiches and called Sky over for lunch.
"Here's your sandwich, babe."
"Well...I can't really hold it."
"Why not?"
Sky opened her hand to reveal the somehow still-whole, unsmashed ladybug she'd been holding since we'd arrived. I was amazed! You should have seen all the things she'd been doing with that ladybug in her hand. Hours of slides, swings, spinning toys and climbing.
In the end, the ladybug looked...well, dead, but whole. It was loved to death.
RIP, brave ladybug.
Monday, June 25, 2012
Ladybug Love
Posted by Kylie at 7:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Ahh, sweet Sky! She does love those ladybugs! And she still has her diamond ring!
Post a Comment