There were platypus babies in my dreams Tuesday night.
I really love platypi. Partially for the opportunity they provide for me to pluralize with an i. Mostly because they are such weird, unique little creatures. They are egg-laying wonder mammals; duck meets otter meets beaver, plus--bonus!--venomous spurs.
Okay, I don't like the venomous spurs, but I'm proud of the little guys for trying to have it all.
They're ambitious, that's what they are. Go-getters. Always going that extra mile.
In my dream, five baby platypi broke through the cat door at my parents' house. I chased them around the house, caught them, played with them and put them back outside. I believe this dream was telling me something. It was telling me I was sleep-deprived.
While I'm bearing my soul here, you should know I also love hedgehogs. This picture came up in my search for "platypus babies," reminding me just how cute they are:



3 comments:
Oh my gosh I love this. Unique baby animals + crazy dreams + blogging that makes me laugh out loud = I want to spend more time with you.
I love that you laugh out loud at my posts. We really should spend more time together! You get me!
Hey! I have another friend with a hedgehog fetish! She named hers Morticia. (which is the perfect name for a hedgehog, if you think about it!)
CUTE baby platypi pic btw. I did not know about the venomous spurs. Now they are even cooler.
Although as a parent, I don't think your dream parents should've let you play with them. That could've been very dangerous to your dream self! I'm glad you survived!
Post a Comment