Here is Sky:
4.2
"Harp, put on your sunglasses!"
Harper put them on.
"Hahaha! Mom, she looks like a library!"
"Like a what?"
"A library! Because of her silly glasses!"
"A librarian!"
"Oh, yeah. That!"
Harp the Librarian:
4.8
"Wouldn't it be funny if someone was holding an apple and they were going to eat it, but I ran up and TOOK the apple and ATE A BIG BITE?!"
"Did you see that on a show?"
"No, I just thought of it by myself and I KNOW it would just be so funny!"
4.12
"Wouldn't it be silly if the creature made a hole in our stairs and we just fell right in the hole?!"
(There is a mole or something digging tunnels around our backyard. Sky calls it "the creature.")
4.18
"Do you know how to say 'ten' in Spanish, Mom?"
"How?"
"Honey!"
"Hahaha! Nope."
"Oh. Well, what is it then?"
"Diez."
"How did you learn all these speakin' Spanish things?!"
"I'm just amazing."
"Mom. Did you learn it from Big Big Friend?"
4.19
"Mom, my babies are sick, so I'm bringing them some food."
"Your babies? You have babies?"
"Yes. They are sick."
"Aww, that's sad. I'm glad you're giving them food. How many babies do you have?"
"A LOT."
"More than one?"
"Ten. I mean, no, not 10. I have 20! Twenty of them."
"You have 20 babies?! Sky, 20 is really a lot of babies."
"Yes."
"What are their names?"
"Well. There's Sarah."
"What are the other 19 called?"
"I just know Sarah right now."
4.25
"I teach Harp everything."
"You do. You teach her a lot of things."
"But I don't teach her poking."
"Nope. What do you teach her?"
"All kinds of things...that are nice...to do for you."
"Wow, that's really nice."
"Harp is so cute. Let's keep her."
"Yeah! Let's keep her!"
"We should keep her, Mom. Do you know why?"
"Why?"
"Because. She's just so cute."
4.29 (morning, while we are in bed)
"Um, hey, Mom and Dad?"
"Hey, Sky. What's up?"
"I'm just going to tell you the truth!" (overly happy tone)
"(groan) What's the truth, Sky?"
"I needed to go potty and I peed on the ground...but...I just CLEANED it ALL UP!" (extra upbeat)
"Sigh. Thank you for telling the truth and for cleaning it all up. Where did you pee?"
"Um, just a little bit. Just a little bit, all over the place. But I cleaned it all up!"
"Why did you pee all over the place?"
"Because I needed to go potty really bad, but I waited too long and it just came out!" (still happy)
"Okay. Well, you need to show us where you peed."
"And I also cleaned off my feet!" (beaming)
Mike, heroically: "I'll get it."
(We get out of bed.)
Sky: "Isn't it so funny if someone had to go potty so bad and the pee came out and it went on their head and all over everything?!"
"NO. Eww. That is definitely not funny. Don't ever do that."

5 comments:
HAHAHAHA!! I am DYING here!!! This kid cracks me up. "Where did you learn all those speakin' Spanish things?" HAHAHA!! Next time I'm over there I will be holding an apple to see if she takes a bit bite!
Things I learned from this post: don't eat an apple around your kid. And, I can't wait until Abigail is saying sentences.
Thank you for making me laugh! Oh my goodness she sounds so cute!
Curtis and I really want to meet her. What a hoot! She has such imagination. :)
I love these conversations. Never stop posting them!
Post a Comment