Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Green Creativity

I've been working on my crafty creativity since Leisa asked me to blog with her. I think I have a long way to go to match up with "Pepper," but I love my most recent project!

Which is exactly why I'm reposting it here.

Pretty sure everyone who knows me is aware of my attachment to orchids. I don't know why I love them so much; I just do. I think they're gorgeous! But I didn't get my first orchid until I lived in Utah...and now I live in NV. And what do you know, these two states have something in common: DRYNESS. Horrible lack of humidity.

I mean, how was I supposed to know the desert was dry?

Anyway, I've never had an orchid re-bloom. Every year I buy a new one (or someone buys one for me, like the beautiful huge Kaleidoscope orchid Ted and Gabrielle gave me for my b-day).

My solution was to buy mini Phalaenopsis orchids and create cute little terrariums for them! Go check it out.

Plants make me so happy; especially in this dirt-colored place! My little garden bowl is growing like crazy and I'm awaiting some shipments of cool plants I ordered online to perk up my front and back yards. Yay, Spring!

1 comments:

Carla L. said...

You are so craftiliciouis! I really really REALLY want one of these!