There is a group of husbands out there--a tiny, baby group--who blog.
I mean they blog this type of blog. The family blog. The this-is-what-my-kid-learned-today blog.
I think Mike secretly wants to be one of these husbands, but he has too many interests that keep him busy. He has contributed about 3 posts to this blog, and I have been proud of and impressed by each one.
Husbands who blog are unexpected. A rare breed. It always throws me off. I'll read a blog post, then at the bottom it will say something like, "Posted by Mark" and I'm like, "Mark?! I read this post with Anna's voice in my head!" Then I have to re-read the post in Mark's voice so I get the full effect.
I only have a few friends whose husbands contribute to their blogs. I even have one friend whose husband writes the majority of the posts on their blog. So in their case, I'm always thrown off when I read "Posted by Ashley" at the bottom.
So do any of your husbands post on your blogs? What are your thoughts on this?
(I'm sorry, single friends, for writing a post directed to married people. You can still tell me what you think!)

4 comments:
I think the "posted by" business should be at the top, and then I can read the blog post appropriately.
I hate doing the reread. I just hate doing it.
When my brother posts on his family's blog, they are always the funniest, most entertaining blogs, but it doesn't happen too often.
I like husbands who blog who are funny. Ashley's husband? Crazy funny- he should blog more. Blogging husbands who aren't funny are lame.
Mike's not lame, btw.
Haha! Anne, you are so funny. I completely agree. If a husband is going to contribute to the blog, he'd better be funny. Or at least really sweet.
Myr: re-reading sucks. I'm with ya, homes.
Ah, thanks Anne. I have been trying to get Doug to blog again too. I love it when husbands blog. I would love to read know Mike's thoughts. :)
Post a Comment