Friday, June 6, 2008

Rolling Out; Moving In

This has been quite an eventful week! Here is the week in a nutshell:

(FYI: My phone battery now lasts only about 5 minutes when fully charged. This means anyone I usually talk to throughout the week is feeling neglected and unloved. Well, at least we have the Internet! K, back to the post.)

At this time last Friday I had just pulled into Reno and run like mad to make it to my new apartment's office before they closed up shop for the evening. I barely made it in time and was able to get a key to the apt. thus allowing us to move in (with the help of 4 awesome guys from our new ward who just showed up to unload the truck! I love Elders Quorums!).

Following the unloading of the moving truck, we returned said moving truck to the nearest U-Haul place. That felt good. Then we went to In-N-Out (natch) and acquired two plain Double-Doubles and some fries--animal style, sans special sauce.

Side note: before we left to return the truck and get dinner we had put the kitties in the second bathroom with the door closed. When I opened the front door after aforementioned In-N-Outing, there was Hero. She was just sitting in front of the door like, "Oh, hey! I'm just sitting here waiting for you!" Apparently the bathroom door has lever handles. And apparently my cats know how to open doors with lever handles.

We thought about unpacking a few things (meaning I thought about it--Mike wasn't too concerned) but eventually just went to bed. The next morning we took care of a few important issues (Mike still had to sign all the apartment papers and whatnot), stuck the cats back in their little cat carriers, buckled everyone safely into the Jeep and headed for San Francisco! Yep, it was time for a short vacation. Plus we needed to drop the cats off at my parents' house (my parents rock and have agreed to keep the cats at their place until we get into a house in a few months).

The trip was fab. It was both short and long at the same time. Mike and I were totally exhausted the whole time, but that didn't stop Mike from climbing his heart out (in his new harness, a b-day gift from Morgan) at the climbing gym. I didn't climb. Instead I just made fun of yoga poses with my mom and Leisa.

During out trip we visited Mike's friends Matt, Eric and Eric (maybe one of them is spelled like Erik, but I can't be sure). We also chillaxed with Heather and Ross which is always fun. Mike's parents took us out to dinner at a fab steak joint for Mikey's b-day (which was last Saturday and kind of got a little ignored, though we did have cake at my parents' house). I had a 6oz filet mignon, medium-well. Mike had an 8oz filet, medium-rare.

We said goodbye to the family and the kitties and came back to our apartment Wednesday night. The past two days have been spent unpacking and I am proud to say we have made quite a good amount of progress. We even took some time out to have Internet and cable installed, get groceries and watch Evan Almighty. Oh, and clearly I have taken some time out to blog.

Back to organizing for me! Hope you enjoyed the "short" overview of our past week!

6 comments:

Leisa Waldron said...

Yay! Kylie is back online. I was going through withdrawals not seeing your gmail name in green knowing you are a mouse click away. I missed you online, but it was way more fun to see you in person last weekend! Go Reno!

Unknown said...

WOW! You have been busy. Good luck with the move and all!

emilein said...

That's great that you got to take a vacation before unpacking. Sounds like it did you guys alot of fun to just chill with friends and family. Now that I don't get to talk to you in person anymore I'm going to be bugging you on meebo. =) Good luck and Happy B-Day to you Mike last saturday!

-Curtis and Emily-

emilein said...

I mean I'll be bugging you on chat. Curtis just informed me that you might not know what meebo is. oops! haha!

Kylie said...

Oh, I know what Meebo is. Don't you worry!

Myriah Cohen said...

I had someone try to tell me how great Meebo is, and how I should totally use it, but I was like, "why?!"

All of my friends are on Google Talk, and if they aren't on Google Talk, I guess we aren't friends. Google Talk is far superior. I moved beyond those other IM-ing devices years ago.

Oh, by the way, congrats on the move!

Moving is always so exhausting, and I am very glad for the detailed food account. Eating can be so stressful during a move, but you came out wonderfully!