Saturday, April 6, 2013

Anum!

Harper is taking her sweety-sweet time with the whole talking thing, which is both okay and not okay. Depending on our combined moods and whether or not I have recently eaten a donut.

Anyway, she has a new favorite word: anum.

You want to guess what it means? Go ahead, guess. Guess! You'll never guess!

Anum = "The other one."

If you guessed that you are greater than me! Which really isn't okay, so don't mention it. I haven't had a donut in several days and even convinced myself to walk away from fresh donuts at the store yesterday because my brain convinced me it was the right thing to do.

It took me a little while to figure out "anum" because Harp says it so often about so many different things. Anum foot, anum bowl, anum ouchie, anum piggie tail, anum fruit snack packet for Hy. Not unlike Harp herself, some of her lingo is sneaky. Like how she calls all horse-type animals "boobah."

Boobah = zebra = hoofed creatures.

Oh, and Hy = Sky. I really haven't blogged much lately, have I? Do you know Hy? That one's been around for months!

I love Harp's crazy words. But my favorite thing Harper says is still "You're cute!" Having a bad day? Come on over! Harp will tell you you're cute and everything will be happy and shiny again!

But don't come over right now. Our house smells like chickens. And anum chickens.

0 comments: