Thursday, November 8, 2012

To the Mall!

I took Sky to the mall tonight to get some tap shoes for her dance class. This was her first ever trip to the mall.

That's insane. She is 4! (Heather, I know you're appalled right now.) We've been to outdoor malls before, and possibly stopped inside a Sears once when she was tiny, but this was her first real time visiting the mall and she was wonderstruck. We rode the escalators, got a cookie at Mrs. Fields and explored Build-A-Bear and LUSH (I needed a new Buffy Bar). I love seeing her get so excited about something so simple as a trip to the mall!


Look at that happy kid, in her favorite rain coat with chocolate chip on her lips!

I love Sky. She is such a great girl! I also love that we finally got her a pair of tap shoes that actually fit her ever-growing feet. Hopefully she'll perform at the Christmas show so we can see those taps in action!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hopefully" she'll perform??? Haha she WILL! And she will be so darling. I never go to the mall either!! I should take Fara.

Carla L. said...

Oh my gosh I love this little girl! She looks absolutely thrilled in this photo - she is going to be a true mall rat...

Heather said...

I just saw this! Umm I really thought you were a great mom until I found out that it took you four years to take your child to the mall. I mean, that is just cruel Hka!