Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween 2012!

Halloween was excellent this year.

Harp was a garden gnome and Sky was a fairy. Gnomes are very difficult to photograph, but it helps to have a fairy on-hand to keep the gnomes under control.


Mike was a Hogwarts student of the Gryffindor variety. Behold his wand skills. Expelliarmus!

I was Tween Hobo. Notice my kick-A bindle.

Not just a hobo, Tween Hobo. See:

Tween Hobo retweeted my picture several times. I'm pretty sure I won the costume contest, but there was no prize because she is a tween hobo. Her worldly belongings are in a bindle. She doesn't have prizes.

Here's the whole family!

Grandma and Grandpa came over for a Halloween visit! They passed out candy while we took the girls trick-or-treating, then we switched and let them take the girls out for a bit. We love having them on Halloween!

I spend the night before Halloween helping the girls carve their pumpkins, so I didn't get around to carving my own. I grabbed a drill and "carved" my pumpkin as we were leaving to trick-or-treat. A 10-year-old kid told me, "I like your industrial pumpkin." Thank you, kid. That is how hobos carve pumpkins.

Cute little trick-or-treaters! 
Harper's pumpkin has the cat, Sky's has the butterflies. They wouldn't stand next to them because Sky didn't want to catch fire.

Trick or Treat!

Sky and Harp had a blast! I told Sky, "Do you know how to tell if a house has candy?" She asked how, so I told her, "Look for houses with their lights on. Lights on means candy!" So Sky spent the entire night yelling, "Lights up!" as soon as she saw the next house with lights on. "Lights up!" We have a video on Mike's phone, but Mike's phone is with Mike and Mike is at work. 

Harp with her candy. She was too busy eating as much as she could to smile for the camera:

Sky with her candy!

We love Halloween. Can't wait for next year!

0 comments: