I wish this post had more quotes! I did a terrible job of writing the Skyisms down in July. Or maybe Sky just wasn't very funny last month. Yeah, that's it. She was so boring.
7.4
Playing I Spy at the kitchen table during breakfast:
Me: "I Spy with my little eye something very tall and skinny."
Sky: "Um...is it Daddy?"
(It was a stem on an orchid plant, but who can blame the kid?)
7.4
Mike sang Sky a lullaby at bedtime. Sometimes she requests "Harp's Lullaby" (which is actually a Dixie Chicks song called Lullaby that I used to sing often to calm Harper down). Tonight he just sang her his own version of Hush Little Baby, but the following alludes to Lullaby.
Sky, whispering: "Dad, do you know how long I want to be loved?"
Mike: "Is forever enough?"
Sky (who didn't hear Mike's answer): "No, Daddy. Forever."
7.6
Sky: "I'm going to earn lots of quarters and then I can buy that bike!"
Me: "That's right! You're doing a great job saving your quarters!"
Sky: "And I am going to earn lots of money so I might have a couple more left to buy Harp a little bike...and one more left to buy her a piggy bank."
7.13
Sky: "I think we should get another baby."
Me: "...what do you mean?"
Sky: "I mean I think we should get a different baby. One that doesn't cry and scream so much."
Me: "You don't want to keep Harper any more?"
Sky: "Nope."
Me: "Sky. That is not a very nice thing to say!"
Sky: "Well, I still like her. I do like Harper. But I just wish she didn't cry and scream SO much."
Me: "All babies do that, Sky."
Sky: "...well...not all of them...sorry."
7.18
Sky was telling me that someday she'll be a mommy.
Me: "When you're a mom, I'll be a grammy!"
Sky: "Whoa! And you can bring Harp to visit me!"
Me: "When you're a mom, Harp will be big like you. She will be a mom too and she can visit all by herself."
Sky: "Oh."
Me: "Like me and Leisa. You are like Leisa, because you're the big sister, and Harp is like me because she's the little sister. When you are moms, I'll be a grammy and I'll play with your kids!"
Sky: "Yeah! You won't be a mean grammy, either."
Me: "Thanks! How many kids will you have when you're a mom?"
Sky: "I don't know. I'll find out when I'm a mom."
7.24
Sky, having the time of her life at Nick and Josh's Chuck E Cheese birthday party:
"Mom! I LOVE THIS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!"
7.30
Sky's word of the day (week) is "AMAZING!!!!"
Sky: "Whoa, Harper. Whoa! Mom, Harper put her shoe on! HARP, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!"
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
July Skyisms
Posted by Kylie at 12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You had better not be a mean grammy!!
Post a Comment