Happy Easter!!!
Easter morning bought some fun gifts for the girls. Harper got a new fluffy teddy and her very own set of crayons and a coloring book. She also got candy and a grow-it-yourself flower kit! The crayons were--and still are--the favorite prize.
Sky woke up to "millions of jellybeans!" and lots of other candy. She got a new Olivia dress-up set, a coloring book and a sticker book. Oh, and bubbles! And a flower kit! She was so excited! I have a 12-minute, early-morning video of her being so excited. Maybe I'll post that tomorrow. ;)
Here are some cute pictures of Harper. Because she's cute.
And here's Sky! She chose their Easter dresses this year and has been dying to wear her dress for the past 6 weeks. A few days after Easter Sky told me, "Before it was Easter, sometimes I went in my room and I closed my door so I could try on my Easter dress. It is just sooooo beautiful! But I closed my door so you wouldn't see me do it." I rule with an iron fist?
Easter girls! I love that they always hold hands.
Harp wouldn't stay away from the croquet set. She couldn't care less about how the game is played--she just knew she looked awesome with a stick in one hand and a ball in the other.
Special fact: one of those lovely new croquet clubs busted in half today at Crew's birthday party when Kadie used her brute strength to try to break the pinata. That = Kadie is amazing. Who knew such a skinny little thing could split a croquet stick in two with one pinata whack?!
Excited girls:
Easter cousins, getting ready for another egg hunt!
Easter crazies!
Speaking of Easter cousins, my own cousin Callie was in town and joined us at Leisa's for Easter dinner. I hadn't seen her in years! Oh, holidays, bringing families together!
Look, all of us!
Sky helped Harper search for eggs. They're so sweet together.
Sky was so excited about Easter this year. She loved the candy and egg hunts, but if you ask her what Easter is about she'll tell you "for remembering about Jesus." She even got to help with the lesson at church on Sunday. She told me, "Jesus was in that cave. The girls went to check on him, but he wasn't there any more and his clothes were folded because he was alive again!"
I never knew how much better holidays would be with children, especially religious holidays like Easter and Christmas. I don't often move away from humor on my blog, but it is Easter and I want to say how thankful I am for Jesus Christ's sacrifice. I'm grateful to have Easter to celebrate his life with my family!
I know that Christ lives. I'm so thankful for that knowledge in my life and thankful to be able to share it with my children. I love hearing Sky's understanding of the things she learns every day, especially her feelings about Jesus and family.
I love my girls and I love being a mom more than I could ever say. Every night I check on the girls before I get in bed. I touch their little cheeks and their little chubby hands and I'm amazed at how incredible they are; at how incredibly blessed I am to be their mother. It is the best job in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Even on the hardest days. Life has nothing greater to offer than this.
Happy Easter, everyone!
















1 comments:
Being a mom is the toughest job in the world, but the benefits are amazing! I am so proud of what a good mother you are to those adorable little girls, even if you do rule with an iron fist...
Post a Comment