Thursday, August 12, 2010

5 Years!

Happy 5th Anniversary to us!!!

When you're growing up, people always tell you things like "time flies" or "they grow up too fast." Now I know why! Time seriously flies; especially when you're having fun.

Here are some highlights from the past 5 years:

  • The obvious first: we were married! Absolutely our best decision ever. Oh, Oahu. Someday we'll make our way back.
  • Owned our first home in Springville, Utah. Finished the basement and never had a chance to use it before we...
  • Graduated from BYU! Those were great times!
  • I had a lot of weird jobs. Mike had a lot of normal ones.
  • Moved away to Reno, and not to Houston. I think that was one of our better decisions because it has given us the opportunity to visit our families often.
  • Had our first daughter, Sky! She is the coolest kid in the world and has just mastered the art of jumping with both feet. We are so lucky to have her! It is hard to believe she'll be two in a couple of months. Talk about flying time, sheesh!
  • Bought our second home in Reno, which we completely love. We are constantly finding projects to do; most involve painting, but apparently we are moving into the minor construction arena. We'll miss this house whenever we up and move on with our lives.
  • Mikey started his career and is moving up the ranks. I can't keep this guy from finding work. I never thought I'd have to tell my husband to stop finding jobs, but come on, man! :)
  • Expecting our second kidlet in February!
I think that covers the most exciting parts of the past 5 years. I'd post some pictures, but our most recent project in the office has my desktop out of commission for a few more days. 

We've had great times! We've also had busy times, stressful times and some sad losses, but mostly the past five years have been full of excellent memories. I'm so lucky to have Mike as a husband and can't wait for what our future brings!

Mike says the future brings a new car. I mean, that is pretty cool, but I'm thinking there are even better things ahead. I love you, Mikey James!

3 comments:

Carla L. said...

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations on five years of wedded bliss and one amazingly cute kid! We love having you guys so close, so don't even CONSIDER moving any further away. Only closer. Like around the corner...

Leisa Waldron said...

Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! I agree with mama that you must move closer. :)

The Peterson Life said...

Congratulations to the both of you! I bet your OB thinks you are too young to be married for 5 years. ;)