Thursday, October 3, 2013

September Skyisms

A few cute and silly Skyisms to brighten your morning!

9.1
When we visit Shelter Cove, the girls like to sleep in the huge walk-in closet in the bedroom we sleep in. It's the perfect size for the two of them. They cuddle up in their sleeping bags and bring their night lights and animals and refer to the closet as "our room."
Sky (hollering from the closet): "DAD, CAN YOU PLEASE COME IN?"
Me: "What's up, babe?"
Sky: "Mom, can you put Harp in my sleeping bag?"
Me: "Aww. Look, she's already asleep. You know, you girls roll around a lot while you sleep so I don't think you'll both fit without crashing into each other. You are so sweet, Sky."
Sky: "Okay. I'll just sing her lullabies then."
Me: *heart singing with motherly joy*
Sky: "...and hold her hand. I'll sing quietly."
As I left, I could hear Sky singing a lullaby in her sweetest voice.

9.2
Sky: "I spy with my little eye something that is black."
Mike: "Black?"
Sky: "It's on the bottom of my shoe, and it's..."
Mike: "Is it the bottom of your shoe?"
Sky: "...I gave it away, didn't I?"

9.11
Sky (pointing to potatoes on her plate): "Are these good? Or are these potatoes?"
(10 minutes later, eating a bit of potato with a disgusted look on her face)
Sky: "I wish these were the smashed potatoes..."

9.18
Me (showing Sky a picture of my cousin's new triplets): "Look at the tiny babies!"
Sky: "Gasp! Oh! They're cute-ing me up!"
(Side note: they cuted me up, too. They're adorable.)

9.24
Me: "Dad has to go to Chicago."
Sky: "Aww."
Me: "Yeah."
Sky: "Then just remind me that day to give him a huge, gigantic, enormous hug!"
Me: "I will!"
Sky: "That time, it will turn him into tiny pieces! It'll be THAT huge!"
(It WAS that huge!)

9.30
Sky: "I actually really like being four. I wish I didn't grow up to be five."
Me: "Why not?"
Sky: "Because I just like being four."
(a few minutes later, hollering while washing her hands in the bathroom)
Sky: "I think I'll like being five, because then I can reach the sink better!"

0 comments: