Thursday, October 3, 2013

September Harpisms

Harper is a little charmer. She's very much into giving compliments and she makes me feel great every single day! Whether she's saying, "Love it, hair, Mom!" or "Love it, shirt, Mom!" or "Love it, eyes, Mom!" she just melts my heart. I love this girl so much.

She may cause lots of unintentional (plus some very intentional) trouble and she may be constantly putting herself in harm's way--aging me before my time--but she is also the sweetest, most conscientious little toddler in the world. Always the first to share her treats and to prepare snacks for every person in the house without being asked. Always wanting to give hugs and kisses and pray over our meals. Always the first to ask, "Are you okay, Mom?" if I get hurt. She's also hilarious. See below.

9.1
Mike, Cade and I took Harper for her first ocean ride around the cove in the very classy Seahawk dingy. Harper LOVED it. When we pulled up to shore:
Me: "All done, Harp!" Did you love it?"
Harp, wide-eyed: "Turn it around, Mom! Do it again!"

9.1
I was throwing rocks into the ocean with Harper. She would wait for a wave to wash in, then would throw a rock and watch it wash back out and wouldn't throw another rock until the water was at her feet again. At one point, the waves stopped and the water didn't wash back up.
Harp: "Oh no!"
Me: "What's wrong?"
Harp: "Oh no! Ocean's dead!"

9.12
Harp, wearing a wry little smile: "Love it mumblemumblemumble, Mom."
Me: "What do you love?"
Harp, turning to me with sneaky eyes: "Love it pick nose, Mom."

9.16
Harper: *gets hurt for the millionth time today*
Me, hugging her: "Oh, Harper. If you would just be careful your whole life would change. You wouldn't get so many ouchies!"
Harper: "Umm, okayyyyy..."

9.25 (and many additional days this month)
Harper, in her room: "...ever. EVER!"
Me: "Why is Harper yelling 'ever' Sky?"
Sky: "Who knows."
Me: "Harper, what's wrong?"
Harp: "Nothing."
Me: "Why are you yelling 'ever' in your room?"
Harp: "I don't know."
("EVER" is what she yells when she's mad. As in "I won't play with you EVER AGAIN!" or "I will NEVER eat food or be happy or sleep EVER AGAIN!" Usually she's yelling about never playing with Sky, ever again, because she wants the iPad. I don't always scold her for it because it's just so funny. She's so tiny and nonthreatening!)

9.26
(This was the very first thing she said to me on this morning. She's been pushing this latest desire for about a week.)
Me: "Good morning, Harpy!"
Harp, rubbing her eyes: "Me go get mine ears pierced, Mom?"
Me: "Um. Good morning?"
Harp: "Hi..."

9.26
Later in the day as Sky and Harper were playing next to each other:
Harp: *toots*
Sky: "Don't toot, Harp."
Harp (sadly): "Please let me toot, Sky..."

0 comments: