Sky's word of the month in April was "astonishing." She learned it from My Little Pony (so she says) and decided it was best used to describe beautiful things.
Her drawings also improved big time last month. Everything she colored was astonishing beautiful!
4.3
Sky: "Mom, is this pretty?"
Me: "Yes."
Sky: "Is it pretty, or is it astonishing beautiful pretty?"
Her drawings also improved big time last month. Everything she colored was astonishing beautiful!
4.3
Sky: "Mom, is this pretty?"
Me: "Yes."
Sky: "Is it pretty, or is it astonishing beautiful pretty?"
4.5
Me (singing): "I was young, younger than before..."
Sky: "Yeah? Well was she younger than me?"
Me (singing): "I was young, younger than before..."
Sky: "Yeah? Well was she younger than me?"
4.6
Sky: "Harper! No, no, no."
...
Harp: "Yes, yes, yes!"
Sky: "Harper! No, no, no."
...
Harp: "Yes, yes, yes!"
4.8
Sky: "Mom, I have love to everyone I know, and everyone I've met."
Sky: "Mom, I have love to everyone I know, and everyone I've met."
4.10
Sky: "Mom, is this a beautiful picture?"
Me: "It is!"
Sky: "Is it ASTONISHING beautiful?"
4.19
Me: "Sky, they caught one of the bad guys who made the bombs that hurt the race people."
Sky: "Phew! That's really good."
Me: "It is."
Sky: "Those bad guys don't have a lot of love in their hearts."
Me: "Sky, they caught one of the bad guys who made the bombs that hurt the race people."
Sky: "Phew! That's really good."
Me: "It is."
Sky: "Those bad guys don't have a lot of love in their hearts."
4.21
Me (singing something, cleaning up dinner)
Sky: "Ready for bed! I need a hug and kiss!"
Me (hug! kiss!)
Sky (running back to her room): "Okay, thanks. You can keep singing now!"
4.22
Sky: "Mom, I'm being a ninja."
Me: "..."
Sky: "Mom, I'm building a ninja house."
*(building ninja house out of misc. furniture)*
Sky: "Mom, ninjas don't let anyone see them, even each other. That's why I'm building this ninja house."
Me: "No, they don't let anyone see them. You're right!"
Sky: "This is a ninja house for me and my ninja pet."
Me: "You have a ninja pet?"
Sky: "Yes, I do. Ninja Jewel!" (holds up her stuffed animal kitten triumphantly)
Me: "Amazing."
Sky: "Okay. I have to cover all the holes in this house, Ninja Mom."
*(covering the holes with blankets)*
Sky: "Everyone's a ninja here. Do you know what a ninja is?"
Me: "What is a ninja?"
Sky: "Huh...It's a ninja!
*(building ninja house)*
Sky: "I'm decorating my ninja house....and...one...pillow--phew!--should do the trick! There. Fantabulous. That means 'great.'"
*(a few minutes later)*
Sky: "Mom, I need garbage bags."
Me: "Why do you need garbage bags?"
Sky: "Can I borrow some garbage bags -- yes or no?"
(Sky proceeded to finish her ninja house. She built a kitty door for Ninja Jewel and collected toys from her room with Harper's help. A flashlight was added to make the ninja house "nice and bright" and, of course, a crown. So many toys and decorations joined the party, in fact, that there was no room left for Ninja Sky! She also decorated it with hair clips and jewelry, and declared on her own: "I know it can't stay like this forever. I know I can't live in this ninja house, Mom.")
4.22
Sky (jabbering on about being bigger than cats and kittens): "Mom!"
Me: "What's up, Sky?"
Sky: "Ladybug poop? I can't even SEE it."
All month long, to everyone she saw:
Sky: "My mom is 29, and my dad is 27! hehehehe!" (covering her mouth with her hand, because HOW CRAZY IS THAT?! Her mom is a total cradle robber!)
All month long, to everyone she saw:
Sky: "My mom is 29, and my dad is 27! hehehehe!" (covering her mouth with her hand, because HOW CRAZY IS THAT?! Her mom is a total cradle robber!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment