Last night we ate dinner and, as a special treat, had little bundt cakes for dessert! Skylar was so excited about the "tiny cakes." She barely made it through her dinner. I think she asked, "I eat my tiny cakes now?" about 60 times in 40 minutes.
Eventually, she finished her dinner and I put her tiny cakes in a plastic bowl and gave her a fork to eat them with. She said, "Thank you, Mommy!" and silently gobbled down her cake. You know she loves something when she stops talking so she can focus on eating it.
Suddenly she said, "Wow. Here comes my big bite!"
Then she shoved a HUGE bite in her mouth. I think it was about 1/3 of the total amount of cake I had given her to eat. It was hilarious! She said it in this very matter-of-fact, monotone voice; like there was no other way to finish the cake than to eat that last bite intact. Almost like she had saved that big bite as a special mission she had to complete before dinner could end.
It might be one of those you-had-to-be-there situations, but I want to remember it forever because I am still laughing about it. I love her!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
"Wow..."
Posted by Kylie at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
this kid totally cracks me up! We have been repeating her little sayings all week! We need to see photo proof of these tiny cakes...
Post a Comment