Saturday, June 1, 2013

May Skyisms

May's Skyisms are few. Not because I didn't write them down; Sky just wasn't funny in May. Completely boring. You'll see.

5.8
(Sky has been in a socks-only funk for about two months. I've asked her many times why she won't wear any shoes without socks and I never got an answer. This, out of nowhere:)
Sky: "I'm really into socks because I don't like to see my own feet."

5.16
Sky: "Knock knock!"
Me: "Who's there?"
Sky: "Sky."
Me: "Sky who?"
Sky: "What? I can't believe you forgot your own Sky!!!"

5.22
Sky (in her room): "Work. Work! If you don't work...ugh, I'm FREAKING OUT!"
(A minute later): "I'M FREAKING OUT!!!"
Sky (walking up to me, frowning): "Mom, I'm blahblahblahblah, but it won't work."
Me: "What are you trying to do?"
Sky: "I'm trying to watch Justin Time on the iPad, but it won't work."
(So she yells at the iPad. Things are getting dramatic around here.)

5.30
Me: "We should make birthday cards for Dad."
Sky: "Nah."
Me: "What?"
Sky: "I already told him I'm going to make him a picture on the day after the day after the day of tomorrow."
Me: "What now?"
Sky: "Wait. What's tomorrow?"
Me: "Friday."
Sky: "I already told Dad I'm going to make him a picture the day after tomorrow, on Saturday, with all of his favorite things."
Me: "That's a good --"
Sky: "...and all of my favorite things. And all of YOUR favorite things. And all of Harper's FAVORITE THINGS!"
Me (slowly closing door): "Goodnight Sky..."

5.31
(After a month of telling everyone, "My dad is 27, but my MOM is 29! heheheheeeee!")
Sky: "NOW Dad is 28."

(Later that day, overheard while Sky was in the bathroom:)
Sky: "Grab a tooth and put it in, now you can repair your grin! (Pause.) Sigh. This is taking a while..."

0 comments: