We have multiple varieties of cups. Glass, plastic, lidded, sippy. While I was unloading the dishwasher this afternoon, I noticed that all of the above had been washed during the last cycle.
Naturally, that got me thinking about cup preference. Don't pretend you didn't start thinking the same.
I prefer to use the round glasses; usually the short, but occasionally the tall. I don't like the square ones, because the mouths of the cups are somewhat rounded and sometimes I pick one up and accidentally drink from the corner part. Annoying. I take water everywhere I go, so when I'm out I have a few reusable plastic tumblers I choose from. If I'm drinking milk (or more likely, dunking Oreos in it) I use the little plastic cups. Mostly because the little Oreo bits get stuck to the glass ones and I believe cups should require little to no pre-dishwasher cleaning.
Mike usually uses the tall round glasses, but he'll take whatever is in reach. Even if it means a sippy cup. Maybe not a sippy cup, but you get it--Mike is easy going. Mike is always happy with whatever you give him. Mike is awesome.
When my parents come over, they always go for the plastic kid cups. The little IKEA ones that come in orange, blue, pink and yellow. Sometimes my mom will surprise me with a glass cup, but my dad likes the plastic ones. Probably so he has the option of chucking the empty cup at one of his unsuspecting children, though I've never verbalized this suspicion until now.
My brothers usually use the little IKEA cups, but I think this goes back to the multiple glasses Josh has broken at our house over the years. He just has bad luck, that kid. Always trying to stack and carry multiple glasses.
Mike's parents use the square cups. Usually the tall ones. Ted also seems to prefer tap water over filtered fridge water. In fact, my dad often uses tap water...and so does Mike, if he thinks the fridge water is too cold. Must be a guy thing, I always go for the fridge.
Harper likes everything, but is only allowed sippy cups. Sky prefers cups with straws in them. They are very fancy, just like her.
Which cup would you pick? If you need to come over to see them for yourself, I'm cool with that. Just don't pull a Josh--they don't make my favorite round cups anymore.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Cups
Posted by Kylie at 3:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I go for the IKEA little plastic cups. If I am having a big dinner....then I'll go glass, short, and round. But my everyday grab is a plastic. Tupperware tall tumblers when I want to have a lot....but I think I go through IKEA ones the most, then lidded for kids, then sippys. If you open my dishwasher....it's plastic with one or two glasses.
Yep....I can't believe I just told you all of that. How lame am I? Wait...no...you're lame for asking!
Camden loves a straw in his cup too! Good thing he imprinted on Sky....they were meant for eachother.
Oh and Greg loves the Dickey's cups. The yellow plastic ones from that restaurant. We have like 10!
Post a Comment